Monday, April 23, 2007

New design and other news

I finished my hat I designed for my Swap-Bot partner. I personally think it is very cute. The picture does not due it justice. The skull and the stripes are both a very nice pale pink. It was knit in RYC Cashcotton DK. It is for a girl in CA and I thought it would be a little cooler than wool.

I have to give props to The Girl for the design idea. She suggested that I have a tilted skull off center. I did the rest.
The Girl seems to be doing better, although she was laid low with a head cold last week.
I went to the MN Knitter’s Guild Yarnover on Saturday. It was totally awesome. I had been on the committee, just a small part. I was not sure what to expect, but it was a really fun time.
I would highly recommend it to any one. Next year’s is on April 12th. So plan ahead.
I had a lace edging class with Jackie E-S and a wire knitting class with Annie Modisett. They were both excellent. The Girl was terribly impressed with the knitted wire and bead bracelet I made. She wants one. Plus she said that everyone at school would think it was too cool. Kids are too funny.
I am still working on the sweater. I do not know if I am really a sweater knitter. I need to figure out how to make it a quicker process. I am losing my interest.
I started a mitered dog blanket out of Annie Modisett’s book, “Men Who Knit And The Dogs Who Love Them”. I love this book. It is so hard to find nice men’s sweaters and vests. I intend to make the cabled vest that is in there for my Husband.

No comments: