Saturday, September 18, 2010

I Got a Wife and Kids in Baltimore Jack

Actually, I don’t, but I have heard this Springsteen song several times this week and decided to use it as my blog title.

It has been a crazy week. On the 1st day of school, The Girl blew a tire on her car, luckily she had a full sized spare and she was driving around on that until we had time to get her set up to get a new tire. Unfortunately, on Thursday she left the house and called about 5 minutes later in tears to tell us that a different tire was flat and when she filled it with air, it was leaking badly. Since she had a court date in the afternoon (regarding child support) she was going to miss school in the afternoon anyway we had to call the school and tell them she was going to miss the whole day. And we had to go with to drop off her car to get the tires replaced. While it was there, the tire place called and said that the rear brakes were shot (there was only 2% of the pad left). So we had to get that fixed as well. God I hate cars…
Then, the sink in the bathroom clogged up and we had to call the plumber since we could not get to the clog ourselves.

Work has been crazy because we started a sale this week. I have found that the worst days at work are when people come in big bunches. The people are not necessarily with one another, but it is almost like everyone waits outside until one person goes in and then they all follow. It just gets to be so busy that you worry that someone will feel that they are being neglected.

I have been knitting some socks with some great yarn we now have in the shop called Land O Lace Steffi. It is wonderful and the colors rock.

I have no photos because The Girl took the camera to school on the 1st day of school and I have not seen it since.

There are days when I think it might be nice to take a wrong turn and just keep going… 

No comments: