Hello, I hope you all had a good holiday season. Ours was pretty good. I know I should have written sooner, but I have just been too lazy to do it. Here is a picture of this year’s Christmas tree. It is lovely. The Girl decorated it. I think she did a really nice job.
|Look what we found when we were deconstructing the tree!|
Here is the hat I knit for The Girl for her present. She likes it, so that is always a plus.
Here is The Baby with Iris the monster, which I made her for Christmas. She loves Iris and sleeps AND eats breakfast with her. It is very cute.
1st a review of last year’s resolutions:
1. I want to knit a 10K this year. I am not going to have the same restriction of not buying more yarn, but since I am not really working, I do not have much money for it anyway. – I did not accomplish this. I knit about 5K, just like last year. I think that might be my limit.
2. I want to learn how to do double knitting. This is 2-sided knitting, it is double thickness and both sides are right sides. It can be reversible. – I did learn to do double knitting, but did not do any projects with it. Still, I now know how to do it.
3. I want to knit 2 adult sweaters and probably a couple of kid sweaters too. – This was a complete fail. I did I knit two kid’s sweaters, one of which won 2nd place at the State Fair. Did I mention that???
4. I am going to work on Christmas presents early!! I plan on knitting advent & Christmas ornaments. – HA HA HA. I started Christmas presents later than ever, not until November!
Ah Well. It’s a new year, so lets start over. Resolutions for 2011
1) I am going to finish some of my old projects or rip them out and use the yarn for something else.
2) I want to learn how to do entrelac. Mainly because I want to make the sheep in Norwegian Handknits.
3) I am going to make a sweater for my mom. I also want to make several garments for The Baby.
4) I am going to make Christmas ornaments. Really this year I am going to do it. Really!
I think that is enough for one year. I also am going to finish some of the needlepoint canvases I have since they are starting to pile up. I want to make a pillow for the in-laws for Christmas next year, but we will see…