Yes it is true. I am still alive! Shocking but true.
The Girl had meningitis last weekend and had to be hospitalized. She had the viral kind NOT the bacterial kind so she will be okay. But they had to treat it like the bacterial kind until some cultures came back. On the plus side, they dosed her up with some powerful antibiotics and she is able to eat again. She has not been able to eat since her stomach issues months ago and she has lost way too much weight.
The Baby is doing well. She is talking up a storm and can do a maniacal laugh. It is really cute!
Here is a hat I finished for the shop.
I think it is pretty good. However, I think the yellow/brown color in the brim area should be a little lighter.
I am planning on knitting some stuff for The Baby and generally for my own personal pleasure. I have been knitting tons of stuff for the shop and I am sick of it. I only have one more project that is due for someone else and then I am done knitting for others.
I am going to try to blog more, but I can not make any promises since I have to create a website for the shop and other misc crap I need to get done.
Friday, February 04, 2011
Time has flown by since I last blogged. Not a whole lot has happened per se. There have been some changes at the shop where I work, which of course will affect me. It may be time to bite the bullet and realize that I probably have to go back to the mind-numbing world of corporate America. The idea revolts me, but I see little choice in the matter. I have not made any decisions yet, so we will see.
The Girl has been sick, again, this time with severe stomach pains. Today she went in for an ultrasound on her stomach and the doctor prescribed her ulcer medicine. And her car has broken down, Again. I hate cars and house and money and everything connected to them.
In knitting news: I am working on a scarf for The Hub. The one he has is an embarrassment to me as a knitter. This one I am working on is just a 2x2 rib, but it is nice yarn and looks nicer than the monstrosity he has been wearing.
I finished a pair of socks I started in 2007. However, the cast off on both of them is too tight and I cannot get them over my heels. So I have do decided if I want to rip them back and fix them or just say screw it and count it as done. I am sort of leaning towards calling them done.
Well, that is all I have… sorry for the depressing post, just not up to being light and perky today.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Hello, I hope you all had a good holiday season. Ours was pretty good. I know I should have written sooner, but I have just been too lazy to do it. Here is a picture of this year’s Christmas tree. It is lovely. The Girl decorated it. I think she did a really nice job.
|Look what we found when we were deconstructing the tree!|
Here is the hat I knit for The Girl for her present. She likes it, so that is always a plus.
Here is The Baby with Iris the monster, which I made her for Christmas. She loves Iris and sleeps AND eats breakfast with her. It is very cute.
1st a review of last year’s resolutions:
1. I want to knit a 10K this year. I am not going to have the same restriction of not buying more yarn, but since I am not really working, I do not have much money for it anyway. – I did not accomplish this. I knit about 5K, just like last year. I think that might be my limit.
2. I want to learn how to do double knitting. This is 2-sided knitting, it is double thickness and both sides are right sides. It can be reversible. – I did learn to do double knitting, but did not do any projects with it. Still, I now know how to do it.
3. I want to knit 2 adult sweaters and probably a couple of kid sweaters too. – This was a complete fail. I did I knit two kid’s sweaters, one of which won 2nd place at the State Fair. Did I mention that???
4. I am going to work on Christmas presents early!! I plan on knitting advent & Christmas ornaments. – HA HA HA. I started Christmas presents later than ever, not until November!
Ah Well. It’s a new year, so lets start over. Resolutions for 2011
1) I am going to finish some of my old projects or rip them out and use the yarn for something else.
2) I want to learn how to do entrelac. Mainly because I want to make the sheep in Norwegian Handknits.
3) I am going to make a sweater for my mom. I also want to make several garments for The Baby.
4) I am going to make Christmas ornaments. Really this year I am going to do it. Really!
I think that is enough for one year. I also am going to finish some of the needlepoint canvases I have since they are starting to pile up. I want to make a pillow for the in-laws for Christmas next year, but we will see…