Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Updates

The Girl is doing okay. The meds are already helping; she starts back to school today. She was supposed to go back on the 30th, she got out of the hospital on the evening of the 29th, but she found out everyone at school knew and she could not face them all right then. Then last week was spring break. I did knit her a wrister; she only wanted one for the damaged wrist. I knit it out of Debbie Bliss Cathay (cotton, silk and viscose) so it was soft and breathable and of course red and black. Her colors! She wore it to cover up her stitches and cuts. She has a new therapist, whom she likes. So I think we are on the road to recovery. I was talking to her one night and she said that this boy she did this over had been in the psych ward twice. She then said that she would never have to say that because she never wanted to go back there. I see that as a good sign.
Other knitting news, I have the front and back done on my perfect sweater. I have one side seamed up and have started one arm. I see an end in sight. I have also cast on a rib warmer out of purple mohair. I do not know if it will be big enough. Obviously, Elizabeth Zimmerman was much smaller than me.
I have designed a hat to knit for one of my swap partners on Swap-bot. When I showed The Girl, she asked if she could design her own hat for me to knit. What a great sign! Maybe I can convince her knitting is cool!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Oh I am glad things are getting a little bit better.
That would be great if your Niece wants to learn to knit.
Knitting sure helps me in huge stressful times.
I will keep you in my thoughts.
I am glad you liked your package.
I had fun putting together. :)
Let me know how you like knitting the rib warmer. I haven't made one yet and most knitters that I know who made one say knitting it is like meditation.