Monday, August 20, 2007

Movie reviews and other news

Sorry about the downer post last time. I was not in a good place. It has been raining here for days and I am sick of it. I did go see two movies over the weekend. On Friday, the DH and I went to see Superbad. Very funny, but very, very vulgar. On Saturday, The Girl, her beau, DH and I went to see Stardust. I highly recommend it. It is a sweet and funny movie. Not overly sappy. Overall, good for the family. I would not take little kids, because the witches are kind of scary and they have very bad intentions for the star. Plus, there is an awesome shawl towards the beginning of the movie. It is the scene in the grocery store. You will know when it comes up. Please go see it and let me know if you think it is as awesome as I do. I tried to find a picture of it, but no luck.
I have some photos I need to pick up and then I will post some FOs. I am currently working on my toe up sock. I am past the heel. It is going really well.
I found out today that one of the yarn shops that I frequent is going out of business. It has been for sale for some time, but apparently no one was interested. It is too bad, just because this LYS is very close to my house.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Oh I really want to go see Stardust. We haven't had a chance to get out to the movies yet.
I may have to wait for it to come on DVD at this rate.
I will definiately keep out watch for the scene with the shawl.
I am so sorry to here about your LYS.
I live right in the middle of too!
Yeah, they both are 35 mmiles away! But so worth it when I make the trip.'
But it just sucks when I need something right away.