Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hot Stuff

It has been hot. Excessively hot. This has been made worse by the fact that it is about 50° in my cubicle. They “fixed” the air in our area and now the vent blows directly on my head. I HATE air conditioning. I really do. This of course leads to fighting at home because The Girl thinks it should be running non-stop. The air causes my joints to ache and then I can not knit.
Speaking of knitting… (nice segway huh?) I have finished the Baby Legwarmers.

Aren’t they just the cutest thing?
They used about 1 ball of sock yarn. So that is 230 more yards towards my 5K.

I am have way done with the 1st arm of my daily sweater. I am confident I will finish the sweater by the end of summer. The problem I have with the sleeves is that I have to increase every 8th row. This is not hard, just tedious.

I am trying to decide if I should start another project or finish something I have started. I would like to finish my opera stole since I have been working on it forever. However, I would also like to make something using big needles and yarn so I could use up some yarn fast. I could work on the rug my mom requested since it uses 4 strands of yarn at a time and could get rid of some yarn quickly.

But I am sort of mad at my mom right now. She has been in the state for over two weeks and she has not contact with me at all. I do not think she is even going to bother to see us. This bothers me a lot because, well I am her daughter too. And who would not come to see her own great granddaughter? I suppose she has other great grandchildren so I guess The Baby I not as special to her as she is to me. Still, it bothers me. I know I should just let it go, but it makes me very sad.

Oh well.

No comments: