Monday, July 09, 2007

Black Sheep Review

I promised a review of Black Sheep. I did go see the 1st showing on Friday. I loved it. It was very funny and the sheep were lovely, except of course when they were mauling people. It is EXTREMELY gory. I took The Girl with because she said she wanted to go. I warned her it was going to be gory, but she pooh-poohed the idea. Had she not seen those Saw movies? (She saw them at her friends’ house; I had nothing to do with that decision.) Anyway, part way through she turned to me and asked to go home because she felt like she was going to barf. So if you have a queasy stomach, be warned, this movie may not be for you. That said, when the sheep attack people, they do not look very realistic. Although, there are real sheep eating what appears to be human entrails. I do not know how they got them to do it, but it is pretty funny, just because, well they’re SHEEP. The plot has to do with genetically altered sheep and a hero who is afraid of sheep. I must say, that sheep that is the “new” sheep breed, is a lovely sheep and I thought, oohh look at that lovely wool. Oh, and did I mention Weresheep?? Overall, if you like dark comedic horror movies and can appreciate sheep; this is a movie for you. Have fun and bring your knitting. I did.

3 comments:

TheKnittingTeen said...

seems like a good movie for an adult. ive never even heard of that movie though? odd unless u live on the other side of the u.s. well talk to you soon =]

Vouray said...

I've seen it all now concerning the "ewe"...

TheKnittingTeen said...

OMG those stuffed animals I love them! A bunch of ladies are crocheing them at the knitting store I go to. Did you knit or crochet them???