Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lost in Time … and Lost in Space … and Meaning

Today I am in a Rocky Horror mood, hence the title, and I am going to discuss Lost. Plus, there will be photos of knitting!
So I believe all of the Oceanic 6 have been revealed: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Aaron, Sayid, and Sun. So I am declaring myself right on my guess a few weeks ago. Even though I was counting Aaron and Claire as one unit. The 2 survivors who “died” on the island which Jack mentioned in his testimony at Kate’s trial are Jin and Claire. 8 make it to the boat and 2 die there and they have to explain away the dead bodies. WTF was up with no one trying to stop Regina from jumping off the ship? That was too bizarre. How many of the crew have ended their lives on this boat that they can not even be bothered to notice? And if it continues, is it any wonder that only 6 people “survive”? Michael is Ben’s man on the boat… no surprise there, I think everyone knew it was coming. Where is Walt? Probably being held hostage somewhere. Michael may not be the father of the year, but he does seem to know that he is responsible for Walt and would do what it takes to save him.
Now, let’s discuss Ben a little. I think he is working for Hanso. I know that there is some idea that Ben is the end of everything, but I know Hanso has something to do with this whole thing. The Dharma Initiative might have become a security risk and Hanso ordered Ben to join up with the Hostiles in order to save the island. My crackpot theory is that Ben and Alvar Hanso are twins. I realize that this makes absolutely no sense, but I like it anyway. I think Hanso and Widmore are rivals and they both want control of the island. Why, because they are old men and they want it for it’s fountain of youth properties.
Time issues: I have been thinking about this and I am not sure that I have a good grasp of it, but I am going to make a guess anyway. What if time on the island actually is accelerated, not slower, but since there are healing properties on the island it seems like it is slower? So one day in the real world is like 3 on the island. So if the Losties think they have been on the island for 90 days, in real time it has only been 30. Here is my reasoning. It seems like time on the boat is different than time on the island. Also, when Juliet showed up on the island, there was that scene where they showed her a x-ray of a woman’s womb and she thought it was an old lady’s and they told her the woman was in her twenties. So when the Oceanic 6 are rescued, the world thinks they have been gone for a shorter period of time then the 6 think. This would explain why Aaron is one of the 6 because the world thinks he was born before getting on the plane and he would not have been on the manifest since you do not have to buy a seat for a baby. It would explain the death date on Jin’s tombstone. It would explain the fertility issues on the island. Just a guess, who knows what the truth will be.

On to knitting:
I have been working on the Wool Peddler’s Shawl from Folk Shawls. I have just started the lace part last night. I am enjoying the knitting, but I think next time I knit this I will use a heavier weight yarn so it will be a little bigger. I am worried it is going to be too small for my large frame. Regardless, here is a picture of the shawl in progress. It is actually a deeper red than what my camera captured, more of a beet red.


Here is a photo of a couple of hats I made recently for charity, one baby hat out of sock yarn and one toddler hat out of some Japanese yarn.


And lastly, here is a photo of Vickie Powell’s Kick Ass-cot I made out of Twize. I have wore it to work a couple of times and I really enjoy it. It makes me feel like Fred from Scooby Doo.

No comments: