Wednesday, April 08, 2009

What Do I Call This?

No clever title today. I have not been feeling well for several days. I have been dizzy and my left hand has been tingly. I do feel a little better today, but I feel worse as the day progresses. I am not sure what is wrong with me. I looked up my symptoms on WebMD yesterday, but to no avail. It could be anything from vertigo, a stroke or MS. I actually think I might have a pinched nerve in my neck or shoulder. It seems to get worse when I stand up and walk around.

Actual Knitting PHOTOS!!
I know. It is very exciting.
Here is a picture of my Daily Sweater.


The actual color is a little darker than this photo, but this was the best I could do. I think it is going to take a long time to finish. It is not hard or anything, but just tedious. Just knitting around and around and around… I think that if I were to knit the pattern again, I would add some details to punch it up. However, I do like the knitting from the top down. I like the idea that when I am done, I will not have to sew pieces together, which is a major hurdle for me. I have tried this on and it does fit over my breasts, so I am happy. I think this will be a very comfortable sweater just for hanging out in, if I ever finish it.

Here is the beginning of the Fox Island vest swatch.
I have finished the swatch now; I just need to block it out. I like how the colors look. I think it is going to be really lovely once the vest is finished. I need to get the vest cast on before next Tuesday when the In-Laws show up so I have to block the swatch ASAP.

I knit up a little baby hat, but it came out extremely small, even after I blocked it out. I think I will try to knit the same pattern up with bigger needles and yarn. It called out worsted weight with size 8 needles, which is what I used. It has a herringbone stitch around the bottom part and I knit it way too tight. I think that was the main problem because the lacy part was okay.
I do not have a picture of it because, well it was a failure and I do not want to show it off. Okay, it is not a total failure, if I come across a fairy that is headed out to the Renaissance festival, this would be perfect for her to wear.

Some thoughts on last week’s episode of LOST (What’s Happened, Happened):
I still do not like Kate; I do not think I ever will. I actually think it has less to do with the character of Kate and more to do with the acting. I really do not understand why going back to the island to find Claire is nobler than anyone else’s reason for going back. I mean really, they have been gone 3 years and it just occurred to her that Claire might want to be with her son. I was right that Aaron is with his grandma, although I was wrong how he got there. Of course, I personally think he should have been with her to begin with. I have to assume that Mrs. Littleton will be staying in L.A. with Aaron since I am not sure how she would get him out of the country. Maybe SuperKate had fake documentation made up for Goober just in case they had to hit the road.
I had to disagree with Cassidy’s evaluation that Sawyer broke Kate’s heart. Maybe I missed something, but I seem to recall that Sawyer asked Kate to stay with him in New Otherton and Kate declined and went running back to Jack. Kate chose Jack. Why would Sawyer stay with her? Plus, I do not think Sawyer really wanted to go back to the real world. He had nothing there. Honestly, I do not know that I would leave the Island.
I thought the scenes with Roger and Kate were just creepy. He was really flirty with her. Of course, it would be ironic if they took up with each other since Kate killed her abusive “father” only to take up with someone who is abusive to his child.
Jack – what can I say? He is just a total ass. He is a doctor, how can he refuse to treat a kid? I think this bothered me more than anything I have seen on Lost in a long time. He is a doctor; don’t they take an oath not to let people die? Of course, by not saving Ben, it leads to him becoming evil Ben. Way to go Jack! Now, some people have been blaming Kate for this, but to me, this blame lays solely with Jack. If he had helped, Ben would not have wanted to ever join the Others since he thought Sayid was an Other and who is going to join up with a group that shot them. Of course, I think that someone else would have joined the Others and lead the destruction of the Dharma Initiative. But it would not have been Ben and that is all I care about. I love Ben. I hope he doesn’t die tonight. Being judged by the Island does not seem like a good a thing.

No comments: