Friday, March 27, 2009

Plastic Nuts Become Hot Topic

I received an e-mail “newsletter” at work and this was the lead story. One day you go to work and you realize that you are expected to get excited about plastic nuts. Oh the Humanities!! Why didn’t I study harder in school? Or at least get a useful degree so I could have gotten a cool job. I bet assassins never get e-mail “newsletters”; much less ones that expect them to get excited about plastic nuts.

Knitting Nuts Become Hot Topic
I have started working on a swatch for the Fox Island Vest. I received this kit from my in-laws for my birthday. I have to have it going when they show up in a couple of weeks. My MIL made it clear that she wanted to see me working on it when she arrived. I don’t think I could have it finished, but I can have it started. I will let you know how it goes. I had to write out the chart because… well I really do not like charts. However, it is not too complicated so it didn’t take very long.
I am still working on my Daily sweater as well. I really like how it looks. I think it is going to be great when I get it done.

Lost Nuts Become Hot Topic
I was so upset after Lost on Wednesday night I could not even talk about it. How could Sayid shoot poor little Ben? He was just a little kid. I feel so bad for poor little Ben. His dad is a complete ass and who wouldn’t hate living on an island that appears to have no way off of it. Of course, I suppose Sayid did not hear Faraday’s speech about how you can not change the past so he does not realize that shooting Ben will not make things better for him. My husband is thinking it might be an alternative universe. I know that I have heard some theories that Ben remembers being shot by Sayid and that is why he had him kill all those people. Okay, I would not put it past Ben to hide his knowledge of people, but I do sort of like the alternative universe idea. The station where Sun and Frank are at in the beginning did not seem right. There was just something off. The Others seemed to take down most of the Dharma signs and stuff and take them over. What if where there are is now the world created because Sayid shot Ben? Maybe the Losties have to go and fix the mess he made.
I liked the episode up until the end. I thought it was interesting to see how Sawyer was trying to hold together his present world and his past world. I actually thought Juliet was really nice to Kate. Nicer than I would have been, but I to tend to have jealous streak. Jack was a dork as usual. God, I have developed a great hatred of the man. I never really like Kate, but I did used to like Jack.

Tiny Rant
The Baby was in the hospital this week. She went in for a regular exam, she had a rash on her bottom and the doctor decided it might be herpes. Now the fact that The Girl had been tested for herpes during her pregnancy and it had been negative did not seem to matter. They sent her to the hospital and proceeded to assume that The Baby had herpes. They took blood and spinal fluid and generally made everyone’s life miserable. One of the doctors accused The Boyfriend of molesting her. This really bothers me because if they really thought that they should call the authorities, not accuse him of it. So after two days it was determined she did not have herpes. Of course, they did not know what she had, but it seemed to be diaper rash. They sent The Baby to the hospital for diaper rash. I wonder if they did this because The Girl is a teenager and therefore must have herpes. I wonder if she had been a 40 year old in a suit if she would have been treated this way. The whole incident really bothered me.

No comments: