Friday, March 20, 2009

I Lied

Namaste. Today’s blog is going to be about “Lost”. I have not lied about anything; I just loved it when Sun told Frank she “lied” after whacking Ben on the head. Which I totally called, when Sun and Ben were walking through the jungle, I said “Sun is going to kick Ben’s ass”. And I was right! Yeah.
Anyway, on to the theories:
Who decided Jack would be a Workman? Here is what I think is going on: there were 2 people who dropped out (per Amy) so those records were changed to cover Jack and Hurley and there were assessment tests already done. But what about poor old Kate, Juliet had to make something up quick to cover her. I like how she put Kate in the motor pool with her, better to keep an eye on her my pretty. I hope Juliet lets Kate know that Sawyer is hers and Kate had better stay away. I really like Juliet and Sawyer together. They seem so happy.
I find it interesting that Sawyer referred to the Dharma Initiative as his “people”. It is like he has finally found where he belongs and then a bunch Losties show up to mess it up. Sigh.
What is going to happen to Sayid? Will he try to kill Ben? I think he will, but I think this would be a very bad plan. If there was no Ben, what kind of world would that be? Chaos! Of course, I like Ben. Speaking of Ben, one of the fine folks on Ravelry suggested that the whole “it doesn’t have mustard” was a code word. I like this idea. Ben must have been recruited by The Others by this point and maybe that was the code he was supposed to use if one of them were captured. Maybe they were supposed to respond a certain way and then … well I don’t know what Ben would do then, but I am sure it would be something like help them escape or something. However, Sayid is not an Other, so what will become of him? If he did escape, he would be hunted down by the Others for pretending to be one. They seem pretty sensitive about such things.
What has happened to those who are missing? Rose and Bernard: they are either dead or have been recruited by The Others. I can not image them surviving in the jungle. I hope they are with The Others, because I really like Rose and Bernard, I think they are so cute together. Daniel Faraday: I think his train slipped completely off the track and he is in some Dharma institution, maybe that place that Karl was being held by Ben in order to “fix” him. Vincent: He seems to be able to wander around the Island with no trouble. I am sure he is okay!
Sun & Frank: Did that recruitment center look off to anyone else? Even if it has been 3 years, The Others always seemed to keep up appearances. The window being boarded up and the signs hanging sideways and stuff just seemed weird. Maybe the Losties have messed up the past and now it needs to be fixed by Sun & Frank.
The statue: I think it is Anubis. I know the ears are not quite long enough, but the back looks very much like Anubis. Plus, he is the god that protects the dead and leads them to the underworld. There seems to be a lot of death on the Island, he would be a very busy fellow on The Island.
Namaste: before Lost, I had never heard the greeting before, now I seem to hear it all the time. When did this become popular? How did I miss it?

No comments: