Thursday, March 05, 2009

Living on Arizona Time

I am in AZ for business. So I am blogging from my hotel room in Scottsdale. I will check out tomorrow. After I get done with my business, I will go down and visit my mom. She lives in between Phoenix and Tucson. I have not been down to see her in probably 3 or so years. I hate AZ. I hate the heat and the dust and the lack of humidity. I always feel like I have had all of the moisture sucked out of my body when I am down here. Anyway, the trip down here was awful. First, I was not thinking when I had my company book the flight and I left the Twin Cities Wednesday afternoon. I was not thinking about the fact that I might not make in to my hotel room in time for “Lost”. Once I realized it, I calculated it out and if everything went according to plan, I would get to my hotel just in time. So, do you think everything went according to plan? Of course not! The plane was delayed out of MSP. It was full and cramped and I could not find anything at the airport for dinner. I had sort of figured I would pick something up on the way to the hotel. Our plane was supposed to land at PHX at 6:50… actual time 7:30. I did not get to the car rental station until after 8. My company had rented a car for me from Hertz. When I got to the rental place, there was a huge line. I figured I would just do the self check in, but no, I was yelled at. There were no cars available and I would have to stand in the really long line. Yes they had no cars. How does a car rental place run out of cars? It took an hour, but I did finally get a car… a mustang. So anyway, I did not get to the hotel until almost 10:00. I did not find anything to eat, so dinner was popcorn and twizzler cherry bites and a granola bar.
Would you like to hear the really ironic part? I was watching the news and they said that they were going to be running “Lost” at 12:06 because the station had been running Wheel of Fortune instead of “Lost”. However, after a really long day, I just could not stay up to see it.

I should actually be trying to get some work done, but really I am very tired. I am down here to do supplier audits. Basically, we spend the day wandering around a factory asking questions about processes. It makes for a very long day and I have to do it again tomorrow.

I have no pictures because The Girl had the camera when I was getting ready to go. I will have pictures next time, because I received a fantastic shawl from my lovely husband for my birthday and I want to post it. He also went out and bought me an i-touch because we did not get to go out on my birthday because of the snow. We actually just ordered in pizza.
More later.

No comments: