Thursday, February 26, 2009

Today I am 40

It is finally my birthday. It has been sort of weird to turn 40. I am not really sad, because I always figure it is just a number and getting older is better than the alternative. However, I have been contemplative. I have been thinking about what I have accomplished in 40 years. It does not seem like much. I mean there are good things, like I have been married for almost 19 years, which is an accomplishment, but not really world shattering. Anyone can stay married if they choose wisely and work at it. I have all of the material things I could need, well, except an i-touch, but that is more of a want than a need. However, material goods have never really meant all that much to me. I want a place to live and food to eat. Okay, I also like books, TV and music, but those are pretty inexpensive if you do it right. I think my biggest want is yarn and knitting supplies, but I also have enough of those right now. I think I am rambling. Anyway, I have not really DONE anything. I do not know what I should have done either. My life seems so very ordinary, not that it is a bad thing. Some people have very extraordinary lives that suck. I have a fairly ordinary life that is okay. I guess some days I just wonder if this is all there is to life.
It is snowing out right now. It was supposed to start snowing at 9 am. But it did not get going until about noon. We were supposed to get 6-8”. We are all supposed to go out tonight for my birthday. If the weather is too bad, we will just stay home. My hubby has already bought me some cupcakes for my birthday, so I will be okay with staying home and hanging out.

I know I promised knitting pictures, but I can not find my camera. Instead, I give you wild turkeys w/ babies. I took this photo this summer in VT. Aren’t they cute?


And here is a picture of a boat in Bonaire; wouldn’t you like to be sitting there right now?

No comments: