Friday, February 06, 2009

Can You Keep A Secret?

Shhhhh… I have a secret. I really have no idea what I am doing most of the time. Yet, people think I know exactly what I am doing. It terrifies me, especially when it comes to work. Sure, I have been doing this job for a while and I have experienced a lot, but that hardly makes me an expert. At least I do not feel like an expert. I know that I talk big sometimes and maybe that is all it takes, but I feel like I am in over my head most of the time. Plus, I have been put in charge of stuff, well a team. And I am very uncomfortable with it. I do not like to be in charge of stuff.
Has anyone ever said something to you that implied they could not do what you are doing because they are not capable? This has happened to me and I always tell them they could do it. Not because I think they are capable, rather because I do not think myself all that extraordinary and I figure if I can do it, anyone can. This happens a lot with knitting. I have had people who are perfectly good knitters say they could not do something like lace or stranded knitting or something that I am working on at the time. I have been knitting for like 3 years. I have learned some things just because no one told me it was supposed to be hard. I just figured if there were instructions, I could learn it.
Anyway, I have been feeling down and work has been stressful. That is probably were all this is coming from. Please just ignore it, except for the part about being able to do something new and exciting. No one is any smarter or more capable than you, they are just pretending, like me. If I can do it… anyone can.

LOST
I promised Lost theories last blog and I will not break my promise, even if you secretly had hoped I would! I will be covering the last two episodes.
1) I believe that Ellie on the island is Charlotte’s mother. I know there are some who are thinking it is Daniel’s mother; however, I do not think that because why would he say “you remind me of someone I used to know”. That is just an odd statement. Plus, if it was his mother, you would think he would know what she looked like when she was young.
2) Daniel’s mother was a member of Dharma. Daniel states that he knows that he has been studying the island and Dharma his whole life. Obviously, someone would have had to teach him about Dharma.
3) The Others bury Jughead and that is what leads to the infertility on the island. Having nuclear waste leaking into your environment is never good for anyone.
4) I think it is obvious that Ben and Widmore fought for control of the island before the purge and Ben won. Perhaps Widmore took Annie away from Ben… Maybe she is Penny’s mom??
5) The Ajira bottle comes from a plane that crashes on the island in the future. I think that the Losties become Others by the end (once they know how really cool the island is) and then another plane crashes. This is how I see the series ending, that we have just been watching a small piece of the islands natural progress.
6) Not a theory, just a statement… I am really disappointed that Jin is still alive. Not because I was wrong, because I am wrong a lot, but rather because it does not make sense that he was in the radius of the island’s pull, but the freighter itself was not and the helicopter was not. It just is not logical and I hate that. Lost normally is not conventional, but it does have a logic to it.
7) Okay, HUGE crackpot theory: I think the island is the lost “City” of Atlantis. Think about it… there is a temple, there are the remains of a huge statue, they speak Latin and the island has been around for a long time. And Atlantis is really not a city, but an island that sunk into the sea in one day. Or perhaps it was moved to a different part of the world!
I know that Atlantis is a Greek myth, so logically, they should speak ancient Greek, but maybe the Romans got there before the island “sunk”. It is possible. Richard could be Atlantean, just like Aquaman.

That is all I have right now. I really did not like last night’s episode (The Little Prince) all that much. I thought it was trite and really the action could have happened at much quicker pace.

No comments: