Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pressure

But you will come to a place
Where the only thing you feel
Are loaded guns in your face
And you'll have to deal with
Pressure
- Billy Joel

I have not been blogging lately because things at home have been bad. I was trying to figure out what to say about them, but honestly, I can’t really say anything. It has been a very stressful month. So I am not going to discuss it. Maybe some day, but not right now.

On Thursday, there was another lay off at work. This time, I went with the rest of them. I was not nearly as upset as I should have been. Well, it’s not like I have never been laid off before. I have always landed on my feet. I actually felt worse for the people who had been there for 20 years. (Just a helpful hint, do not stay anywhere for 20 years. It is too terrifying when you no longer have that security. Really, don’t stay anywhere for more than 7.) I had only hoped I could stay there until The Girl and The Baby were out of the house.
How the company works their packages, I am still officially an employee until 10/15, so with my severance and PTO, I will be paid through the end of October. So it gives me time to find a job. My biggest concern is health insurance (which will go through the end of October). The Baby needs to be covered. I figure, worse case scenario, that the In-laws would be willing to pay for COBRA.
I hate looking for a job. It is just tedious.

On the plus side, I recently had a physical and a mammogram (my 1st) and everything looked good. Although I did get quite a scare when the nurse at the clinic called to say that there was a problem with my test results. My 1st thought was, of course, cancer. Luckily, I just have a Vitamin D deficiency. I know that can be dangerous, but it is not cancer and I just need to take a couple of pills everyday. Totally doable.

Anyway, I have a week before vacation. I plan on working on the house. I will meet with the employment agency hired by the company. And I plan on getting some knitting done. Things have been so stressful this month that I have not even really done much knitting. I have only made a couple of dishcloths and a towel for a Halloween swap I am in.
Here is one of the dishcloths I made. It is my own design.

No comments: