Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Award Winning Day

Yesterday I went to the Fair and look at what I saw…

That’s right, that is MY Christmas stocking with a ribbon upon it! I won 4th place! I was so happy when I saw it that I almost cried. I honestly did not believe that I had a chance of winning a ribbon. I actually entered because I have always wanted to enter something at the State Fair. I will let you know when I get the stocking back what points were deducted. I expect to knit something for next year and hopefully I will improve.

Here is picture of some vintage seed bags on display at the Agri-Hort building.


The rest of the Fair was good as well. The weather was perfect. However, about lunch time, my foot started to hurt a lot and we finally had to go home after we had some lunch. Perhaps if I had been wearing these shoes...

Aren’t these cool shoes? They are part of the crop art display. Those are all seeds being used as decoration!

We did get to see everything I had planned on seeing, except for the Old Mill ride. We are going back tomorrow to see all the animals and we will ride it then.

No comments: