Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Even My Henchmen Think I'm Crazy, I'm Not Surprised That You Agree

This title is a line from Jonathan Coulton’s “Skullcrusher Mountain”, it is a love song sung by a mad genius. I really like his work, it is funny (in a geeky way) folk music. My favorite is actually “Re: Brains” which combines co-workers and zombies.

I have not been blogging lately, not because I have been busy, rather because I have been too lazy to actually write. Sorry. I know you all probably thought I had fallen off the face of the earth.

So what have I been doing lately? Well, I have done a lot of knitting. I know that the retail value of the PC version of “The Price is Right” video game is $30. And that the Big Deal of the Day is usually not behind door number 1. So you know, I’ve been busy…

Here are some pictures of items I have knit:


Hat for The Baby


Hat for my FIL


Fingerless gloves for me


Bed sock for my MIL

See, lots of knitting. I have also knit a hat for The Girl for Xmas, but I do not have a photo of that yet. I am almost done with the bed socks for my MIL. Then I am going to make her an eyeglass chain (she requested one). It will be beaded, not knit. Then, I have to make something for my mom and her beau (who is not doing well, health wise). I planned on making a pillow for her and I am not sure what to make for her beau. It is hard to know what to make him, maybe I will make him a water bottle cover. I am actually getting worried I will not be able to finish her present. If all else fails, I will have to make something smaller for her. Plus, I need to make another hat for The Girl and some stuff for The Baby...

BIG NEWS
On Monday I had an interview for a part time job at one of my local yarn shops. I thought it went well. Although it would not really help me financially since it would just be 2 days a week, it would basically just lower my unemployment amount. However, I thought it would be nice to work somewhere that I could get a discount and it would get me out of the house.
Well, one of the owners called me today to tell me that I did not get the job. BUT, the other owner wanted to have me come in and talk to her next week. They are thinking I could help out with the web page, PC stuff, inventory etc because right now she does all of that and she thinks she might need help. I am very excited.
Honestly, that is exactly what I would like to do… computer stuff, websites etc. It would be great experience and a lot of fun. So wish me luck!!

No comments: