Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I just got back from walking my dogs. I wanted to get them worn down before the big feast. It is a lovely day here in MN. The neighborhood was quiet. No doubt people are sleeping in, making food or have left for other destinations. The silence allowed me to think about what today means. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and food on the table, especially since I know there are those who do not. I am thankful for my husband, who is preparing the feast and for The Girl, who is in her room blasting her music. I am thankful for my dogs who provide me with unconditional love and comfort. I am thankful for our kitten who, even though she gets into my yarn, is too darn cute for words. I am thankful that my in-laws arrived safe and sound. But most of all I am thankful that I have lived to see another Thanksgiving. A little over a year ago I was not sure that I would make to the New Year. So I want to wish every one a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Knit On!

No comments: