Thursday, November 16, 2006

Yarn shops and knitting status

I have to stay out of yarn shops! I went into the 3 Kittens on Tuesday afternoon to look for some ribbon yarn for The Girl's poncho. I did not find any I liked, but I still spent $65. How does that work?
I bought a kit of Sue the Sheep. I don't know why except it was really cute. Lord knows when I will have time to knit a sheep!







I also bought some sock yarn (Lorna Lace) and lace weight mohair (for mittens) and a mitten pattern. Why would I spend $4.50 on a mitten pattern? I do not know. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Of course, I have a bunch of patterns at home that cost me nothing and are just as good. I think I fall under some sort of spell when I enter a yarn shop. Sigh.


They are going to be pretty cool mittens though. Here is the swatch I made up with the yarn next to it.

















I did finish the jabot for my mother-in-law. It is quite nice, but I still need to block it.




I am working on my mom's pillow. So far I have knitted 7 inches of stockinette for the back. Only 3 more and I can start the actual pattern. Yeah!! Maybe tonight I will get there. I am also working on my nephew's hat and a pair of socks for CD. So many projects, so little time.
I did not get any of my stuff put together over the weekend. I do not even know what I did over the weekend, but it seemed to go by really fast.
The In-laws are going to be here in one week, so I do not know how I am going to get all their presents blocked and wrapped. Arrggh. Thanksgiving seemed so far away when I started. I might have to start working on some of that before I continue with my mom's present. I figure I have until 12/15 to ship it down to AZ.

No comments: