Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ain’t got time to Blog

I have been excessively business and have not been able to blog. Plus, I have stuff I want to take pictures of and just have been too lazy to get them done.
I knit a hat for my nephew a couple of weekends ago when he was up. It was a little too big and I was very irritated with it. It was made out of acrylic because it was what I had in the colors he wanted. Sigh…
I also made a couple of more little hats for the Caps for the Capital. I am pretty sure that the one is too small, so I may have to give it to Cubs for Kids. I already have hat for them. I just have to make a scarf and sweater to go with!
I cast on the pillow I am going to give to my mom for Christmas. I was going to do it in the round, but I think it is going to be too hard with all the color changes. I am not very experienced with the whole color work deal and I am finding it very frustrating to do it in the round.
So, I plan on ripping it all out and starting over. I will work it flat, which would be better anyway because I really was not sure how I was going to finish it off so the pillow form could be removed. I just wish I knew what the hell I was doing. Sigh again…
I have been working on a little lace jabot for my mother-in-law for Christmas. Last Saturday I was in the NU Outlet and I found some Artful Virtue 100% cashmere for $10 a ball! I had to buy some (3 balls) and I am making the jabot off of the label. It takes one ball. So I have 2 for myself! Yeah! It was going really well until last night. I could not knit worth a damn last night and had to rip back two times. I kept getting too many stitches. I actually do not know how I managed it. So I finally just quit and went to bed. This morning I was able to work on it just fine. It is too bizarre. I want to get it done tonight if at all possible.
I also blocked my cable purse the other night. This weekend I plan on putting it together. Wish me luck!
On Saturday morning I knit up pieces for a flower pin for my sister-in-laws shawl. I have blocked them as well and I am going to attempt to make them into a flower.
I am going to try to get some photos up so you can all see what I am doing.
Here is the only one if have right now. It is the hat I made for my friend’s little girl.

No comments: