Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cable Purse and other adventures

On Tuesday I had session one of my Cable purse class. It was really fun. It was over at the Three Kittens Yarn shop and my teacher, Janine, was fabulous. I figured out the cable stitch which really wasn’t hard. I felt silly taking a class when it was so easy, but I had a lot fun, so I was glad I did.
I have the purse all knit up, and next week we will work on blocking and lining and general finishing. Janine was very impressed that I had taught myself how to knit. Yeah for me!
Last night I left work early so I could haul The Girl out to Eden Prairie in order to ask the new boy to the Sadie’s Hawkins’s dance. She had made up cupcakes and a card. Then she left it at his door step and ding dong ditched him. It was ridiculous. I know that my mother never would have participated in such an event. I guess I spoil her a little bit.
She did not seem to like the wristers and said they were too big. However, CD said he would take them and I think she gathered them up.
Kids!!
I finished up a little hat for the Caps for the Capitol drive. I think it might be too small. I have never actually had a baby preemie or otherwise and do not know how small a hat can be and still fit.

I am working on a shawl using Lion Brand Homespun yarn. I should be able to finish it this week yet.
Then I suppose I should make my mother-in-laws slipper socks. I am not really looking forward to it, but it must be done.

I am going to try to get some pictures downloaded this weekend. My nephew is coming up on Saturday, so I do not know how much time I will have to blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!