Sunday, October 08, 2006

Alpacas & Knitout

Yesterday I went to visit some alpaca farms. The one was fabulous. They had about 60 Suri alpacas. And it was a beautiful location. I would like to have alpacas someday, but it is costly to start up. The guy said the average breeding female cost $15,000 and you would need at least 2 to start off. Who knows, maybe someday. The other farm we visited was nice as well, they only had about 15 huacaya alpacas.
I bought some suri yarn. It is natural in color and very lovely. I would post a picture, but the camera is acting up. i will post one tomorrow. I am hoping there will be enough to make a small shawl. After Christmas I am going to work on making some things just for me. I want to learn lace work.
I am going to be taking a class in a couple of weeks so i can learn how to make cables.

Yesterday I had a meeting for the 2007 Yarnover. It should be very exciting, so if you are here in MN keep 4/21/07 open and come join us.

Today, the MN Knitter's Guild held their annual Knitout. It was pretty fun. I got to see a lot of lovely things there. I volunteered to take pictures. I got tickets to go to the Vikings game, but i had already promised to take pictures. So my husband and the girl went with one of the girl's friends.
Well, i got to go, because the girl wants to go on.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: