Monday, October 23, 2006

Busy Weekend

The weekend has come and gone and I did not sit down to Blog. Crazy.
Well, The Girl was gone all weekend, which was very nice. The phone did not ring nonstop, there was no blaring music, we could come and go as we pleased… it was Heaven.

On Friday, I woke up and knitted and then I went to the lace workshop. It was interesting, but not really a class. But I did get to sit and knit, which is what I wanted to do on my day off any way. So it was not a total loss. The instructor was from Sweden and very talented. She is having a show at American Swedish Institute. I would highly recommend it for anyone interested in knitting.

Then in the evening, CD and I went to see “London Underground” episode 6 (I think) at the Bryant Lake Bowl. It was very entertaining. Except I was knitting before the show started and I dropped my metal ruler, which the usher picked it up and then I dropped my metal needle, which he also picked up, but he was laughing by this time. The seating goes up and I was on the end where it dropped down about 2 feet. It was very loud and embarrassing.
........./
......Me/
......./
....../__________________
........Metal on concrete floor – klang klang

On Saturday, I went to the adoption party. It was fun and the hat did seem to fit. Of course, the little one did not seem all that interested in it, but she is only 2.

Saturday night CD & I watched the original “Fun with Dick and Jane”. It was very funny. I worked on The Girl’s wristers while watching it. I finally finished them yesterday during the Vikings game. So I had them done before she got home, as I had promised.
She gathered up a new boyfriend at the retreat, so I am assuming she is done with thug boy, but who knows.

Tomorrow I start my cable purse class. Once I know how to do cables, I will know almost everything I want to know at the moment. Yeah!

No comments: