Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th of July

I hope you are enjoying you holiday if you are here in the USA. Of course, it is Saturday so if you are not in the USA, you can still enjoy the day.
I really do not have big plans for today. I really usually just want to stay home and relax on the 4th, so that is what I plan on doing today.

I wanted to write a quick post because I have knitting news and pictures.
I started my mom’s rug on Monday. I have gotten quite far… see.

I figured out yesterday that if I knit 11 rows a day (approx) I can have the rug done by the time my mom leaves. Now you might be saying to yourself, 11 rows, that is nothing, but I find it very painful to work on the big needles with 4 strands of cotton. I knit some in the morning and when it got to be too much, I started a new project. Yesterday, I think I did 10 rows, I am not sure, because I lost track when I was watching TV last night.

At work, I belong to a knitting group. We meet every other week during lunch and chat and knit. Anyway, at this week’s meeting, we decided that we would all make something for the annual company sponsored silent auction for the United Way. One gal was just finishing up a baby hat in blue and another had a “boy” baby blanket already made. The other gal piped up that she would do a dishcloth and get some soap. I was trying to decide what I was going to do when I was “volunteered” to do booties. So this week I have been trying to find the appropriate pattern and yarn. I finally decided on the Wave of Babies Booties by Yvonne Kao using some Mission Falls 1824 Cotton I had picked up at the thrift store ages ago. It is not a hard pattern and I do not have to turn a heel, so it makes me happy. I was able to finish one bootie yesterday.

I think it is pretty cute. I need to make i-cord for the eyelet holes, but I wanted to make sure I have enough yarn leftover before I started making it. I do not have full skein of the 1824. I am confident I have enough for the booties themselves. I can use a contrasting yarn if I have to for the i-cord.

That’s it for today.

No comments: