Friday, July 17, 2009

It Was A Dark And Stormy Day

Okay, it is not storming yet, but it sure looks like it is going to, even though it is not supposed to rain. It has been unseasonable cool the last couple of days. This is fine by me, except they still have the air cranked on high at my work, so I am freezing.

I AM still employed. The layoff occurred yesterday (Thursday). We lost one person from purchasing and a total of 50 were let go company wide. However, no engineers we let go. Apparently, they are going to be told in September if they are going to get the axe. I am extremely glad that I still have a job.

I did not get much knitting done this week because I have been sort of stressed out and tired (I have went to bed at like 8 pm almost every night) so I do not even have any good knitting news. I did finish my mom’s rug on Saturday night and I knit her a dishcloth with the few remaining bits of yarn. She was very appreciative. I did not take a picture of either completed object. However, it did take 1600 yds of yarn, so I am a lot closer to my goal, 1964.6 yds down and only 3,503.47 yds to go!

On Monday, we went down to my aunt’s house with my mom and my 2nd eldest niece. I was showing off my knitting pictures to my niece and she was actually impressed. My cousin asked how I learned to knit and I told her via a DVD and she too was impressed. It is always nice when I can impress people without even trying.

Just like that place where they take your spine
And turn it into soapflakes
-“Poor Napoleon” - Elvis Costello
I have always wondered where this place is. I know that is crazy, but I like this song and the way he sings it sounds like you SHOULD know where this place is. You know, that PLACE, where they turn spines into soapflakes. Maybe it is an English expression. I don’t know. If you know where this place is, just leave a note in the comment field.

Okay, maybe I do not have a lot to blog about today. I just wanted everyone to know that I am okay.

No comments: