Friday, December 11, 2009

Ain’t Life a Funny Thing?

It has been a few weeks since I last wrote so I thought I would give an update to my exciting life.
Last Friday (12/4), one of the owners of the yarn shop I interviewed at called and said that they decided to hire me for a temporary seasonal sales position. I am now working Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings at the shop. This week has be a bit difficult because there was illness in the house and The Baby had to be picked up twice at the school daycare. I really like the job. Everyone is very nice. The owner who had mention the possibility of me doing the computer stuff brought it up again, however the owner who called to tell me I was hired was very specific that this was just for the season. I am not sure what is going on, but I am not going to push anything, because I really do not want to be in the middle.

In other news, I had a phone interview with an aerospace company in Kansas. I am in the final 6-8 and after the phone interviews; they will decide who will come in for a whole daylong trial of test and meetings. If I am chosen for that, it sort of sounded like I would have a good chance of being offered the job. If I were offered the job, they would want me to start on like January 5th. I am somewhat conflicted. I know The Girl does not want to move down there because she is almost done with school and she does not want to deal with the custody crap with The Ex. I am somewhat concerned about going down and living somewhere by my self since it has been a long time since I have done that. However, it also sounds like this job would require a lot of time just being at work. The place sounds completed screwed up. Part of just really wants to go somewhere else and part of does not want to go work someplace extremely stressful. I honestly did not expect to hear from them at all when I applied. I just basically looked at it and thought, “I am qualified for this job”. We will see. I think the interview went well, but I never know with these things.

Knitting wise… I am working on a never-ending scarf for my mom beau. I do not think it is ever going to end. I am thinking about ripping it out and making it into a hot water bottle holder. Of course, I am about ½ through so I really probably will not do that, but it is tempting. I hate knitting scarves!!! Plus I still have to knit one for my mom. I am think I might just cast on her scarf (since she wants a skinny one) just so I can divert my attention from the never-ending scarf.
Here is a photo of said scarf.










I will blog soon and let you know if I have to go to Kansas City.

No comments: