Thursday, June 14, 2007

Little Update

So by last Thursday The Girl’s lip had swollen up and started to turn purple. She said it hurt a lot… go figure… and I told her to take it out. She said it hurt too much to take out so we headed down to Walgreens to get some canker sore stuff to numb her lip. She did say she learned the valuable lesson “of not to pierce your own lip”. Kids.
My mom stayed until Sunday and we had a really good time. She has taken up jewelry making, so we went to a rock and mineral show over at the Fairgrounds. It was a lot of fun. We also went to The Bead Monkey, where my mom entertained the staff. She spent a bunch of money and paid in cash. As is her habit, The Girl informed her she should not carry so much cash because she could get robbed. My mom just laughed.
Last night I went to my finishing class over at The Yarnery. It technically started last Wednesday, but I was dealing with getting my mom etc.
It did not matter too much; I was able to catch up with the rest of the class since there were some things I have already down. It was nice to be able to just sit and knit.
I did finish the hat for the Ships Project. It is big enough for a head my size, but it was a little tight on my hubby. So it will have to go to a smaller solider, but I am sure someone will fit into it. My head is not too small.
I also picked up some yarn to make a pillow from my niece which is getting married next weekend. I do not know if I will be able to make a pillow in a week, we will have to see.
I also need to make some mini stuffies for swap bot. I just bought some patterns from Crafty Alien, so I think I will use one of those. All of her (?) patterns are too cute. I bought 3 of them. I will make sure to get some pictures posted when I make them.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Oh I am going through that!
My teen wanting to pierce his eyebrows!
And even when his friend is recovering from an infection from piercing his nose! Ouch!