Monday, June 25, 2007

Big weekend

My second oldest niece was married on Saturday. It is hard to believe that she is old enough to be married, but as my DH pointed out, she is older than we were when we got married. Scary huh? A good time was had by all. My DH & I danced a lot and so I have been sore for the last two days. I am really out of shape, but I love to dance. We were complemented on our fine Twist skills. It is the one dance I know how to do really well. I was working on knitting a pillow for my niece, but I realized on Friday that I needed more than a week to complete the pillow, so I will just have to finish it up and mail it to her and her new spouse.

Movie Update
Yesterday I went to two movies in two different theaters! First I went to see “Even Almighty” with The Girl and one of her friends. It was pretty good, you know so long as you did not think much about it. It was good mindless entertainment. Then I went home and DH and I went to see “Day Watch (Dnevnoy dozor)” at the Lagoon in the Uptown. Normally, I try to avoid this place since it is really quite small and very expensive because it is “ARTY”. However, DH really wanted to see this movie, it is the sequel to “Night Watch”, which was excellent. It is Russian, so I did get to hear people speak my favorite foreign language. But I digress… The movie was good and we did make in time, in spite of leaving the house later than hoped. But the very best news is that I found out that “Black Sheep” is going to be playing there starting 7/6! It will be there only one week. I am so excited. I can’t wait! Expect a full review right here after I see it.

1 comment:

Goodness has no bounderies said...

The little mouse you did is so-o-o adorable. I have been trying so hard to find the pattern. I know it's by Alan Dart, but the magazine it was in is no longer available. I would be happy to pay you for the instructions. I would love to make some for my grandchildren. Thank you for your talent! You inspire us!