Thursday, June 07, 2007

Motherly stress

My mom came into town last night, of course, what better time for The Girl to pierce her lip. Yes folks, she went in her bedroom yesterday afternoon and pierced her own lip! She is going to be the death of me. I know my mom is forming all sorts of judgments. I know that it shouldn’t matter, because she will not actually say anything to me, plus I thought I was past caring what she thought, but it bothers me. I did tell her I was impressed that she managed to get 6 kids through the teenage years. I have been totally stressed all week knowing she was coming. I was excited too, because she is fun to have around. She is not a bad mother, just different and in some ways that is what is so stressful. However, she has never been very affectionate and I have found myself attempting to impress her that I am a really fantastic person. I have not had much time to knit, but I did cast on a hat for the Ships Project last night at the airport, just to take the edge off. God, I sound like a junky! Oh well, it could be worse. I should be able to get through the hat in fairly quick order. I am also plugging away at my shawl; my mom was impressed with what I had so far.
Mom is only staying with me until Saturday. I think the chaotic nature of my household bothers her. It is funny what you get used to in life. I am so accustom to the dogs and cats making noise and running around, I do not hardly notice until people come over and I realize that my house is a zoo. Oh well, The Girl will be spending the next week with her Grandma and I think that will be good for her.
Mom is up for the rest of the month. She will be going between the various siblings homes. My second oldest niece is getting married on June 23rd, which is why she came up to start with. I had dreams of getting my shawl done by the wedding, but I do not think I will. Oh well, when it does get done, it will be awesome and I intend to wear it somewhere, even if it is work.
I need to get a new camera so I can download pictures of my WIPs. Or of any projects I actually finish!

No comments: