Wednesday, May 30, 2007

knitting update

So I discovered that I have been knitting on my Sweater O’Doom with a 5 instead of a 6. I almost have an entire sleeve done with it. Should I rip it up? It does seem to fit my arm, so I do not think size is an issue in that regard. Should I just keep knitting and do both sleeves with the 5. Would anyone notice that the body stitches are a different gauge than the sleeves? God I hate this sweater. I have totally put it aside. I have been working on my rib warmer, which I think is going to be huge. I don’t think it will be too a big a deal though, I would be wearing it over stuff anyway. It is a very pretty color. Although I do not think I will have enough of the Cascade 220 I am using. Sigh.
I am also working on my lace shawl. It is going pretty well. I know I have some mistakes in the beginning, but I have not had too many. I do not think anyone will notice since it is at the top. I am too far to rip it out. I have done about 7” or 8”.

Here is one last picture from Mostly Male:


Look out Ladies… I am ready to prowl the scene in my completely knit outfit.

Even the belt is knit!

Groovy!

1 comment:

TheKnittingTeen said...

I think you should just do both sleeves with the 5's. It's kind of like free formed knitting. You know knitting with out a pattern. Plus 5 to a 6 shouldn't be that much of a difference. I'm sort of a beginner too. I'm working on a baby blanket for my new TWIN (oy) baby cousins. ( my blog URL is www.knittingisntlame.blogspot.com leave comments and tell me how the sleeves are coming along. I have been having trouble with knitting in the round!)