Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's day weekend

I had a wonderful Mother’s day. The Girl made me a card declaring me the best mom/aunt in the world. How can it get better than that? Well, then we went and got our hair cut together! Her idea. And my lovely husband made my favorite grilled meal.
The Girl and I also went out and she drove me around a parking lot. Her first time behind the wheel. She did alright.
That was my Mother’s day.
On Saturday I went over to Shepard’s Harvest. It was great fun. I bought some llama yarn and a kit to make a tea cozy that looks like a sheep. I talked to some Alpaca farmers(?, not sure what they call themselves). I looked at a variety of sheep and goats and llamas. Next year I am going to drag my husband with. He had his improv class at noon and could not come with me.

2 comments:

Paula said...

i have some Llama wool that my friend gave me last year when she seered her llama.
It needs to be cleaned, carded and spun but I don't know how to do that yet so I just pet it when I open my hobby closet where my stash is. It is sooo soft!
Is the Llama yarn also very soft? Like the alpacha?

Paula said...

P.S. Happy Mothers day!