Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sweater of Doom

I am still knitting on my sweater. I am on the first sleeve. I swear to God that it is not getting longer no matter how much I knit. Arrrrhhh. I am also working on a shadow stripe hat. It is slow as well.
I am trying to think of something to knit for the “Joy Luck Club”, which was our reading selection for April on Knit the Classics. I have absolutely no inspiration. I am thinking of knitting my mom something for Mother’s day and submitting that, but I have to get in gear since the deadline is May 6th. I was far more inspired by “The Historian”, which we read right before. There is a shawl mentioned in that book that I want to create. I even bought some yarn at Yarnover I could use.
I had to rip out my rib warmer and start over, because it look odd with just the mohair. So now it will be Cascade 220 and mohair. I have not really worked on it lately because I was trying to get my sweater done. I hate that sweater. I know I will love it when it is done, but right now it is nothing but a black hole of doom.
The Girl is flunking out of school and has refused to go at all so far this week because she is sad. I have to say I am disappointed that she thinks so little of herself that she can not do better in school. I do not know how to fix this problem. Of course, one of the therapist at the hospital told us that we have solved too many of The Girl’s problems. It has not been easy to raise someone else’s kid. No matter what we do, we seem to be screwing her up… sigh. It is probably just as hard to raise your own kid; I just am not in that place.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Oh I think you are doing a good job with the girl. You are giving her such encouragement and supprt during a tragic time. Don't be so hard on yourself it is super hard raising teenagers and especially hard in your situation. I think you deserve a pat on the back!

I just loved the book "The Joy Luck club" and I started a red shawl for the KTC craft and just never finished it.
it is going to go to my sister in law for Christmas as a prayer shawl.
I wanted to knit her something for good luck becasue she just got diagnosed with kidney failure.

I just started reading May's KTC book choice and I keep getting lost and have to go back and reread the verse again. I like Dante but for some reason I am having trouble staying with this book!