Monday, February 25, 2008

Look at me I’m stranding hats!

I did not post the hat I finished on Friday night. It is Lillehammer from Cider Moon.
So here it is now.


It was a great pattern and I really liked how it came out. I knit this for a friend’s birthday. It is tomorrow, same as mine. Of course, I did not mail it out in time, because, well I was too lazy to go Saturday before the movies or to the airport post office on Sunday. He is only one state over, so he will probably get it on Wednesday. However, who knows, maybe the mail gods are looking over me and he will get it tomorrow. I really like this stranding business and I think I am doing a pretty good job. Who woulda thunk it? Maybe I will make a wooly vest. I have started working on a design for a hat. Just need to do the gauge swatch and figure it all out. It is times like this that I like knitting best of all… when the creative ideas start pouring out of my little brain. So many projects, so little time.

Other knitting news, I ripped out the partial arm on the Sweater of Doom and have started turning it into a vest. I am almost done with the arm holes and then will just have the neck to do. Possibly could finish it tonight. It is very exciting. I have been thinking I should look over all of my WIPs and figure out what I will finish and what I should frog. I feel like I have started stuff I will never finish and maybe I could use the yarn for something else. Well, whatever I decide, I am going to try to alternate between projects that I have started and new projects so I get some stuff completed, but I do not feel like I can not be creative. I usually am doing more than one thing at a time anyway. I get bored easily.

No comments: