Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Power to the People

Last night the Hub and I went to caucus. This is the 1st time I have ever done it, so it was quite exciting. There were TONS of people there. 293 people voted for a DFL presidential nominee in our little precinct. I do not know how many voted in the district, but the place was packed. I think we were in line just to get our ballot for about 30 – 40 minutes. I brought some knitting so I was content. We were going to caucus so we placed our vote for the presidential nominee and sat down. The room itself was packed too. I think it may have discouraged some from staying to actually caucus, but it was really heartwarming to see so many people doing their civic duty. There were high school kids there and a lot of other 1st timers like us. We did caucus and we were there until about 9:30. DH got a resolution past on to the next level and we both signed up to be delegates. Plus, I got a lot of knitting done. It was win / win.

If you had not yet had your primary / caucus in your state, I highly recommend you do it when it comes up. It is very empowering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.