Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Lots of Topics, Just One Blog

WEATHER
It snowed here yesterday. We got about 4 inches or so at my house. I know what you thinking… what the hell is with this woman and the weather? Get over it! I am a born and breed Minnesotan and weather is very important to us. It has been a long time since we have had snow on the 31st of March. It was all gone on Sunday and now the ground is again covered. It is amazing to me. Plus, by the weekend, it will be in the 50s and all of it will be gone again.
However, it did make me realize that my shoes I wear to work are definitely NOT water proof. It was so slushy when I went out to my car last night after work and my feet were soaked by the time I got to my car. Yuck! I really should buy some boots.

REVELATIONS
On Saturday night we were talking to The Girl and she revealed that she wanted a career where she could make good money and have a big house and live comfortably. And, are you sitting down? so she can take care of us! Who knew? When we acted surprised, she said that had always the plan. It was nice to know that she is willing to take care of us in our old age. Of course, she then said that we would be free babysitters. I think she must think we are older than she can image since I think she is talking about having us live with her when we are in our 50s. Kids. They are too funny.

SUPERTASTING
The hubby and I have started watching a show on TLC called “I Can Make You Thin”. I know, it is a terrible title, but it really is very interesting. Basically there are 4 rules. Eat when you are hungry. Eat what you want. Eat consciously. And stop when you are full. We have been doing this for 2 weeks now. I am amazed by how much less I eat when I eat slowly and really taste the food. The Girl has dubbed it Supertasting, as in popcorn is good when you supertaste it. Which I will agree with. I have also discovered that most French fries are really not very good when you eat them slowly and I find that asparagus tastes like dirt and grass. But more importantly, it feels like you have eaten the same amount of food because you have tasted the same amount of food. Plus, it fills you up like nobody’s business. I know I have lost weight because my coat is fitting better, not a lot of weight, but it is amazing because I do not feel like I am being deprived and there are things that I just do not want to eat any more.

KNITTING
I am almost done with my shawl! Hooray! I would have had it finished over the weekend, but on Sunday I had a Yarnover meeting to attend and then we all went out with my husband’s uncle, who was in town visiting his son. Regardless, I will finish it tonight and then I can devote myself to Alan Dart’s Hoppity Bunny out of Simply Knitting issue 39. I had to order the yarn from England, so of course when it came I had to cast on with it. I have done the belly. If this goes well, I have enough yarn for 2 bunnies. It is incredibly soft yarn. I will probably make one for me and give one away.
Yarnover is in less than 2 weeks, April 12th. I will be glad when it is over. I do not think I will volunteer for next year’s event. It is just really time consuming. Plus, I do not think I am really very good at event planning and coordinating activities. I always feel like I am behind the eight ball.

No comments: