Monday, April 14, 2008

Where have I been? Working hard!

I know I have AWOL the last couple of weeks. Things have been really crazy, so here is a little update.

Yarnover was on Saturday. It went well. The only problem I had was I got a headache about 10:30 and it hurt for the rest of the day. Yuck. I struggled through, but I was very glad to be done with the day. There was a lot of planning for this event and I hope everyone who came had a good time. I took a class with Lucy Neatby and I would like to say it was awesome. If you ever have a chance to take one of her classes, jump on it. She is a wonderful teacher and very fun. The class I took was Equilateral Triangles. I think I could come up with some fun stuff to do with it and it is really easy. Best of both worlds. In the afternoon I took a class with Beth Brown-Rensel – Latvian Wristers. I am not as good at the Latvian knitting. Well mainly I can not do the braiding deal. I will keep trying, but I really did not know what I was doing wrong and truthfully, my head hurt so badly by that point, I could not even think.
I did not spend too much money at the market. I bought another cup from Jennie the Potter this one has purple yarn on it with the sheep. Her stuff is so fabulous. I bought a skein of alpaca from Alpacas of the Ark. Their yarn is so soft and yummy. It is some of the softest yarn you will find. I also bought a couple of skeins from Blackberry Hills. Their yarn is very nice and reasonably priced.

The Girl started at her new school on Friday. So far she loves it. She really likes her advisor and she has started on a project already. So hopefully this will be a good move. They said she will be able to make up any missing credits over the summer by doing projects instead of going to summer school. So that will be a good thing. Getting her moved over was a huge hassle. I hate dealing with the school system, any school system. It is just so much bureaucracy. It has always been the thing that has bugged me the most since The Girl moved in with us.

Knitting update: I am working on a rug for my mom for Mother’s Day. It is a pattern that was in my 2008 Knitting Pattern a Day calendar. It is just pretty much seed stitch, but it uses 4 strands of Sugar N’ Cream held together so it is getting heavy. Plus, it makes my hands hurt because of the cotton and the weight combined, and I really do not like working with such big needles. This is something I discovered quite some time ago, I would rather work with size 2 needles than size 15. I think it is because my hands are small and I hold the needles oddly.
I have also started making the Hoppy Easter Bunny from Simply Knitting. I believe that I mentioned this before, but I have made progress on it. I have completed the back, 2 ear fronts and 2 cheeks. I have started the belly and that is where it is at right now.
There are so many things I want to knit. I have already begun to think about what I want to knit during my vacation this summer. I don’t know if I want to bring one big thing or several little things. I have thought that it might be nice to make afghan squares as I travel, perhaps picking up some local yarn in each place we go and making it to a trip blanket as it were. I do have an old pattern book with all these different afghan squares in it. It is meant to be used for learning to knit new stitches. That might just be really fun. I will have to think on it though.

MOVIE REVIEW
I have not been to the movies in just forever, but yesterday, the whole family went to see “Run, Fat Boy, Run”. It is an English comedy. I t is a very cute little movie about a guy who leaves his pregnant girlfriend at the alter and then 5 years later decides he wants her back and decides to run a marathon to win her back. It is not a deep movie, but it is fun and it made me laugh. You can not think to hard about the plot because, well, it is a light fluffy comedy full of plot holes. I enjoyed it and there were several nice knits in the film. In particular, there is a grey sweater that I absolutely loved. I give it 3 knitting needles.

No comments: