Wednesday, May 07, 2008

GRMN CH FDGE

This is the sign that was outside of the Culver’s today. What is it supposed to be? I figure the FDGE is fudge. So some sort of fudge concoction. Perhaps CH is chocolate; although that seems redundant since in most minds fudge is chocolate. Now I know you can have other types of fudge. My father used to make peanut butter fudge. Although, he was the only one who really called it that, just like he was the only one who would eat it. Here is his recipe, as far as I could tell: take a bunch of peanut butter and put it in a pan, heat; add Karo syrup and sugar. Cook until you get bored with it, dump it on a plate and let harden. Try to eat before it gets fossilized.
He never measured anything, just dumped what he had in the pan. It was actually really gross, but it is one of my fondest memories of my dad. He had very strange eating habits and this was just one of many quirks.
Okay, back to Culver’s… what the heck is GRMN? Is it graham, like graham cracker? If so, where is the N coming from? Can the sign writer just not able to spell? I can not think of anything else that would go with chocolate fudge with those letters. It caused me a great deal of puzzlement this morning on my drive in. Curse you Culver’s and your delicious butter burgers and your cryptic frozen custard of the day!
Just so you know, on those rare occasions that I actually get frozen custard from Culver’s, I almost always get vanilla with blueberries on top. It is absolutely deliciously. So really, what the custard of the day is should not matter to me. However, I find myself looking everyday to see and I am just a little disappointed when it is not yet posted. I know, I have serious issues.

Okay, I could not stand it any more and I went to Culver’s website and looked up what the flavor of the day is supposed to be: Almond Hooray. WTF? It is not even close. And yesterday’s was Turtle so it can’t be left over from yesterday. In fact, I see absolutely nothing in the month of May that looks like GRMN CH FDGE. Okay, that is just scary.

Upon further exploration, I found the flavor elsewhere on the website. It is German Chocolate Fudge: Our already delectable chocolate custard becomes abundantly rich when we add coconut, brownie pieces and streams of caramel.
Actually, that sound kind of good. Who would have thought of German? Of course, once I saw it; it made perfect sense. Good job Culver’s employees. I just hope no one is disappointed when the get to Culver’s and discover there is no Almond Hooray.

My husband did not make it into the improv group he tried out for last night. He was completely bummed. I told him that I thought he was very funny, but I guess it is like your mom telling you that, it is not as believable coming from a spouse. He really is funny though. There has been many a time in my life that he has saved me from myself through humor.

I knit my sheep tea cozy’s head. It looks way too small for the cozy. I might be because I messed up the decreasing of the wraps. I always seem to miss some and I can never figure out where. I just need to decide if I want re-knit it or not. We will see. It did not take a long time to knit up. I think I will put some stuffing in it and see how it looks.

No comments: