Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What have you there my Pretty?

Look, I have finished stuff. Of course, I finished them last week, but last week was exhausting at work and I did not have the ambition to blog about the items.

Here is the Sheila the Sheep Tea Cozy:


Isn’t it darling? It was not hard to do. I will probably make up some egg cozies to go with, but I just have not been inspired to do it. You can make your, just order a kit from Blackberry Ridge. The yarn is really nice.

Here is the Tea Cozy I made for my MIL:

I really think it turn out quite nice. The color way, as I believe I have mention before, is carrot cake. So I also knit this little carrot cake cupcake to go with it.


Awww, isn’t that cute?
My MIL called last night to tell us she had received her package. This was made for a belated Mother’s Day. She was not sure what to do with the cupcake and my DH told her it was just decoration, so it went into her china cabinet next to my hubby’s aunt’s objete d’arte. So that is really cool. I made it into the art cabinet! Yeah for me!

For the past several days, I have been knitting dishcloths. Over the last week, I have made 5 dishcloths. It is a phenomenal number for me. I just have not been very inspired lately. I think I have been a little tired. It’s not like I don’t have stuff to finish up, but I really would like to start something new. I know, I know, I said I was going to finish up some projects I have already started. I have, however, made some progress in my WIPs, I have decided if I have started it and it does not appear that I will finish it, I am just frogging it. That is what I was doing last night while watching the conclusion of The Andromeda Strain on A&E. It was pretty good, although they changed the ending and I was a little disappointed about that. Oh well.

On Sunday night, the whole family went to the drive in. We saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Prince Caspian.
They were both very good movies for the drive in. Not too deep, but entertaining. Indiana Jones was the better of the two movies. Prince Caspian was not as good as the 1st Narnia movie and my DH said several times… “I don’t think that was in the book”. I don’t know if that is true or not, because I am pretty sure I never read Prince Caspian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the makers of Prince Caspian kept to the original story surprisingly well, all thinks considered... i heard they were going to make it into a silly pure-action flick, but thankfully this was not the case