Monday, May 05, 2008

I AM IRONMAN

On Saturday, the hubby and I went to go see “Ironman”. It was awesome! It is one of the best action films I have ever seen. It really is a flawless example of what all action films should aspire to. Robert Downey Jr. was excellent as Tony Stark. He was able to go from a self centered spoiled rich genius to Ironman in a very believable manner. The special effects were perfect; they did not overpower the film. There is time spent in “Afghanistan”, I am sure they were not really filming there, but I have found when a good movie portrays Afghanistan, there is always great headwear. And Ironman is no exception. There were many lovely hats, some knit, some woven and some appeared to be crocheted. There was one in particular that I really liked, and I think I will try to make one for myself. And there was a scarf (one of those big ones that men in the desert wear) that I also really liked. Even though it was woven, I think I could make my own using slip stitching. I will have to think on it. If you are a comic book geek, like my husband and I, then you must stay until the credits end for a very fun surprise. I do not know that it would mean much to you if you have no knowledge of the Marvel Universe. However, you do not need to be a fan boy or fan girl to enjoy Ironman. It was just a stellar action film. Go see it in the theater ASAP. I give it 4 out of 4 knitting needles.

The only issue that came up in the film was that I was knitting during the previews and somehow I dropped 2 stitches. I found to one right away and was able to fix it, but the other I did not discover until I got home and it was too far gone for me to fix it. I will be the first to admit, that my knit fixing skills are limited at best and I did not know how to pull it up and keep it in pattern. So I just ripped back to the garter stitch section. Regardless, I finished the body to my tea cozy over the weekend and just need to do the head and sew it all together and I will be done. Yeah!.

No comments: