Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Oh The Humanities!

Today is the anniversary of the crash of the Hindenburg in 1937. 36 people died. That was only 37% of the people on the Hindenburg. This, if you think about it, really is not bad considering that it ran into a power line, exploded and fell out of the sky.
I really don’t have any more commentary on the event. I was just surprised that so few people really died.

It is getting dark outside. It is only 1:30 in the afternoon. A storm is coming.

Last night I did absolutely no knitting. I did weave in the ends of my mom’s rug and my DH dropped it off at the Post Office today. I did not get anything knit for my MIL, but I told my husband to put in the card that I was working on something. I am going to make her a tea cozy. I told my DH that I wanted to pick up some yarn at Shepherd’s Harvest for it. He just looked at me and asked that dreaded question, “You don’t have any bulky yarn already?” Of course I do. I have yarn in every weight. I am a yarn addict. I just told him I wanted to buy special yarn for her since she is my MIL and she is going to be getting it late. I think he bought it. Whew!

He is actually already agreed to come with me to Shepherd’s Harvest this weekend. We will be going on Saturday. It should be a lot of fun. I had a good time last year, but I was all by my self. Everything is more fun if I haul my sweetie with.

Tonight, my DH is trying out for a novice improv group. He is very excited. I hope it goes well for him. I should be able to spend time knitting tonight. I will work on my sheep tea cozy. Hopeful, there will be pictures in a couple of days.

No comments: