Monday, May 12, 2008

What is Happening Here?

I hate talking on the phone. Unfortunately, with my job, I have to spend a lot of time on the phone. I am a buyer. Yes, I know you are very jealous. Who doesn’t want to be a buyer? I am not a retail buyer, mind you, I buy for a manufacturer. So I am not buying fun stuff like shoes or toys, but rather dull boring stuff like load cells and bearings. Anyway, my job is not very interesting and I have to spend a lot of time at it. This has nothing to do with anything that is going on… I just thought I would let everyone know.

It was a big weekend. My husband and I went over to the Shepherd’s Harvest Festival on Saturday. We had a really good time. I was going to bring my camera and take pictures for this blog, but of course I forgot. So there are no pictures. Only words. Sorry. I bought 3 skeins of Llama yarn from Ra-chAl-pca, in 3 different colors. I am going to do a Fair Isle hat with it. I also bought some perfect yarn for my MIL’s tea cozy. It is in a color way called “Carrot Cake”. I am also going to knit her a piece of carrot cake to go with the tea cozy. I think she will appreciate it. As we were leaving the festival, my husband said he was going to learn to spin. He is just the sweetest thing. What more could a person ask for than a husband who would spin you yarn? I can not think of anything.

For Mother’s Day, The Girl made a HUGE breakfast for us all. It was lovely. My husband made beef tenderloin on the grill for dinner. And the whole day was mine. The Girl got off the computer when I wanted to go on and I got to watch what I wanted to on the TV. I was able to watch a crappy movie on the Sci-Fi channel (“Don’t Cry Werewolf”). Normally, I get a bunch of flack for such indulgences, but I was able to pull the Mother’s Day card! It was very exciting. Now, I enjoyed this movie, but it was basically a very poor version of “Fright Night” with a werewolf instead of a vampire. So it wasn’t a good movie, but it was fun in a cheesy way, so I liked it. Plus, it was free, so what more could a person ask for? And The Girl made sarcastic remarks about how bad it was, and that was very amusing.

It was an extremely good weekend.

I am working on a baby blanket for charity. It is made out of 2 strands of sock yarn held together. It was some yarn that I won. It is really kind of ugly. I might actually dye over the colors to tone it down a little. I still need to finish off the sheep tea cozy. I know, I am terrible at finishing objects. I don’t know why since doing finishing really doesn’t bother me. Maybe I just don’t like things to end… Who knows? Maybe I am crazy. Actually, I think the problem with the sheep is that I was not sure I liked the head. I have decided it is okay and I will get it done tonight or tomorrow.
I am going to start on my MIL’s tea cozy tonight. I had started it yesterday, but I did not really like it and then The Girl’s devil cat got a hold of it and drug it around the house and it had to be ripped up anyway. I found a different pattern that I think will be better. I will let you know.

She looks innocent, but don’t let that fool you, she is a spawn of Satan! And she loves yarn!

No comments: